social media day phoenix | #SMdayPHX
Did you know that Social Media Day [#smday] has become a worldwide celebration – now recognized by more than 17 US cities, 100 countries and six continents?
Social Media Day is an annual event, created by Mashable in 2010, celebrating social media’s impact on communications.
“Mashable launched Social Media Day in 2010 as a way to recognize and celebrate social media's impact on global communication. While every day is essentially Social Media Day, June 30th, 2015 marks the sixth-annual official global celebration.”
On June 30th, Avenue 25, along with other business owners, media and marketing professionals, attended Social Media Day Phoenix [the 4th annual gathering in Phoenix] to get some feedback on current trends in the ever evolving realm of Social Media.
In the interest of keeping this post short, sweet and easy to comprehend [or even put into action!] these are the top 5 gems we walked away with:
- Remember that content is still king and growing.
- Make sure you’re providing value to your audience – give them something they will find useful. [Become a resource.] This focus can provide higher engagement levels.
- Social Media is interactive – remain or become flexible and nimble in your approach.
- Always brand your images! People share and get to know your brand.
- Focus on just one platform to start (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram perhaps?). Grow the channel to success (a healthy fan base and good engagement) then expand to your next platform. Next, “rinse and repeat” - provide unique content for the new platform, grow to success then expand again.
Still feeling overwhelmed? If you need any help with your social media or determining a comprehensive online marketing strategy your business, call us: 602.864.1233. Avenue 25 is your team of professional web designers, graphic designers, digital marketing and branding specialists right here in Phoenix, Arizona.